Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I remembered a phrase I hear from time to time from my friends and that is sometimes they have to have a "come to Jesus meeting with someone".  Meaning just get it all out in the open.  Well, obviously that wouldn't make much sense for me to say and out of nowhere I wrote "I'm going to have a come to Mt. Sinai meeting".  It was said in a humorous way because it had to do with my lawnmower (and for those that know me know how much I dread starting up the lawnmower because they always give me problems so we have to have a prayer session before, during and after cutting the grass - which always ends with a thank you when I'm done and the lawnmower has cooperated).  Well, this past Sunday it didn't cooperate and got left in time out in the middle of the yard.  So when one of my brothers came over to repair it yesterday it started up and purrred like a kitten for him.   There were a lot of thoughts that went through my head but instead I came in the house and let my brother finish cutting my yard for me and decided me and the lawnmower had to have a come to Mt. Sinai meeting.  I don't care if Moses, Noah or Elijah show up but me and the lawnmower are going to have to come to terms in another week.  So somebody needs to say a prayer for us at this meeting :-),  And when I told someone about this incident their response was it was Murphy's Law - if it's broke for me it will be just fine for someone else.  My response... KISS MY GRITS!!!  LOL! 

So the moral of this little story is even when things are frustrating sometimes you just have to take a step away (not necessarily back) and just find the humor in it and laugh and eventually things will get better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment